Pages

15 Nov 2013

Knitting and driving...?!

Seriously?! Yep. I was sitting in a car with my husband last week (he was driving) and as we are approaching an intersection and stopping at red light, there is a car in the next lane. The driver was a lady in her late fifties and what is she doing? She is winding  a yarn ball by hand - from an old sweater or something. I was just staring at her and at that particular moment just couldn't stop laughing. I had never seen this one before.
Unfortunately, she kept doing that while driving as well. It is definitely not funny.
 
Have we gone completely mad, people?!  OK, so we eat and drive, call and drive, text (sms) and drive, smoke and drive, read and drive etc. , and now we need to do the knitting as well! This is crazy, and it was a "mature" women!
From my experience, the Americans are very sensitive to their -right to freedom-, simply said sometimes I have a feeling that  they would  like to do whatever they want, but in my eyes, certain things should be simply banned.
According to Wikipedia there were over 32 thousand traffic fatalities in the US in 2011. I am sure many of them because of 'knitting....people'.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment